(This is the second in a series of interviews with the top women fitness bloggers I could find!)
Lauren blogs at laurensfitness.com, plays professional volleyball in Europe and is a Fitness Instructor and Personal Trainer from Australia. She is also beginning a Masters Degree in Strength and Conditioning.
I recently asked Lauren a few questions about her blog:
1) Why did you decide to start your blog or how did you start it?
Currently I can’t personal train because I play Volleyball full time in Europe. I missed it, and I wanted to be able to do it again in some form. I find there are a lot of misconceptions and a lot of terrible info out there. I want to make sure people get some correct information on body and fitness, and hopefully open up their mind to a few more concepts. Not to mention bust some myths as well, there are a lot still going around the fitness industry that boggle my mind!
2) What do you think is the biggest obstacle that keeps women from engaging in a regular fitness routine and/or from living a more healthy lifestyle in general?
Simply realizing that you can always find time to exercise. 30 minutes 3 times a week is all you need to get some gains. Time is used as a factor for women not being able to exercise, but in reality it is just a matter of changing their mindset around to find the time and schedule it into their routine.
3) What do you consider to be the most unique or helpful thing about your blog?
Probably the rehab stuff that I talk about on the blog. I find that is my most popular area, and one that is a little more hard to find. I’m finding people are getting a lot of use out of my fascia release and soft tissue posts. It’s an area that a lot of people don’t even know exists, but can bring them a wonderful pain free and mobile existence!
Please visit Lauren’s blog at laurensfitness.com!
If you like this post please share or vote for it below:
- Interview: Spin Diva of Family In Shape
- Learn from the best women fitness bloggers!
- Interview: Angie Schumacher of Women’s Diet and Fitness
One Response to 'Interview: Lauren of laurensfitness.com'
Leave a Reply
Comments protected by Lucia's Linky Love.