tigtog at “Finally, a Feminism 101 blog” asked “Why do we still need feminism?“. Here are some of the most recent reasons that pop into my mind:
– Feministing.com: “A judge in Germany refused to give a woman who was being beaten by her husband a speedy divorce because Muslim women should be accustomed to abuse.”
– Feministing.com: “A woman was walking down the street, and chose to ignore the catcalls some asshole was yelling at her as he drove past. Apparently he thought he was so entitled to her attention that he turned the truck around and ran her over.”
– Bush v Choice.com: “A bill approved in the South Carolina House this week would force women to see a fetal ultrasound before they have abortions.”
– Pharyngula overheard in a store: “You’re a girl. And girls shouldn’t read big books like that. It’s too thick. Boys don’t like girls who read thick books. You want boys to like you, don’t you?”
– Feministing.com: “Two months pregnant and bleeding, Yanira Then says she went to a clinic in her low-income Santo Domingo neighborhood, where her doctor said she had suffered a miscarriage. Then was still in her hospital gown that February morning when her doctor’s office was stormed by police, prosecutors and television news cameras. Accused of having had an abortion, Then, a 27-year-old law student, was arrested along with two other patients, the nurses and her physician. She faces 3 to 10 years in prison. “
If you like this post please share or vote for it below:
- Taking Children to the Doc – Certainly Not Child’s Play
- Rethinking Sex In the Classroom?
- Pregnancy and child birth (Part 2)
Leave a Reply
Comments protected by Lucia's Linky Love.