What I need to do to participate is to write a post about what my goals are – that’s what I’m doing now. Then when I am finished I need to send him an email with the url for this post.
Hopefully these goals are written in a general enough way to be useful to anyone else who has a blog too.
My blogging goals:
1) Post more frequently and consistently: I’d like to try to post about 3-5 times a week – that may not seem like much to some people, but the time I can spend on this blog is limited and some of my posts take a while to write.
2) Improve post topic quality: I need to spend more time reading original science journal articles to post about – and have 1+ posts a week based on a journal article.
3) Participate more at and with other blogs: This something I’ve been bad about not doing in the past.
4) Keep on topic: Occasionally post about something other than the main topic of my blog, no more than one post a week that is not health related.
5) Increase interactivity with readers: I will add a poll to this blog to get more feedback from readers. I’m not sure how to get more people to comment though.
6) Improve writing skills: I need to work on letting my personality show through more in my posts
7) Start a new blog: I’d like to start a general science blog, this is something that I would really like to do someday, it would mean a lot to me.
8) Find a paying blogging opportunity: I would like to find a way to get paid to blog, unless I can get my own traffic up quite a bit.
Issues that may interfere with achieving these goals:
1) Time – this could effect goals 1-3 and 7.
2) Money – if I don’t make more money by other means I may not be able to do 7.
3) Me being shy and not knowing enough people could be a problem with 8.
That’s all I can think of now – I’ll add more if I think of something.
If you like this post please share or vote for it below:
10 Responses to 'Blogs, my Goals and Everything'
Leave a Reply
Comments protected by Lucia's Linky Love.