Eight Steps To Making Your Dreams A Reality
Copyright 2004 by Kevin Bidwell
Here's how you can set goals and stay focused on the WHY:
1. Get out a clean sheet of paper. On the top write "Things I would
do with extra money." Then set a timer (if you have one) for 3
minutes. In that time write down as many things as occur to you.
Don't evaluate them, just write them down.
2. Next, go back and put a "*" by the four or five that are most
important to you.
3. Now, get out a piece of paper and write at the top this
statement "I am starting my own business and I will work through
the adversities so that I can." Then on the paper list the 4 or
5 things you want to do with the money from your business.
4. In the space provided, put a dollar figure by each one of those
five (if applicable).
For example: If you put on your list "Take my wife [or husband]
to Hawaii for our 20th wedding anniversary" you might want to
put next to that $ 4,000-the cost of the trip.
If you put "Buy a car" put next to that the specific car you
want and how much the monthly payment will be.
If you put "Quit my job" how much money would you need? Write it
Maybe your goals are more family oriented-"Spend more time with
my children and less time working"-how much income will you need
to accomplish that?
5. Next, write out the reason why you want to accomplish each of
those goals: "I want to ___________ so that I can _____________."
6. Take that paper and post it where you can see it while you are
working at your computer.
7. Recopy your goals onto 3 or 4 index cards and place them where
you will see them several times each day-a mirror in your
bathroom, on your dashboard, at your desk at work. It is
important that you place them where you will see them OFTEN. Get
pictures of the things you want to buy and do. If you want to
send your kids to Harvard, get the school emblem and put it
everywhere. Get pictures of the car you want to buy.
8. Keep your "next step" in front of you at all times. Remember
that you can only do one thing at a time, so focus on the next
"baby-step" you need to succeed.
I have put together a free resource to help you
create effective plans for achieving your most
important goals. You can get your complimentary
Kevin Bidwell is owner of
Kevin just finished a complete report on building a passive
income. Grab your copy here: