Today’s interview is with Anita Bruzzese! She blogs at On the Job By Anita Bruzzese.
1) What do you think are the biggest challenges for women around the world today?
I think the biggest challenges are
1) a stable, equitable income, especially for single mothers. Until we have wages that are equal and fair to what men are paid, then we will have women — and children — living in poverty;
2)helping women to attain good educations in jobs that can put them in top-earning fields. While there are efforts underway to direct more girls to science and engineering (traditionally a male-dominated fields), we need to do more to help women attain jobs that will not only provide a good income, but also help them excel and rise to levels of authority in their industries; and
3)finding support in all industries for the lifestyle choice women make. Whether they choose to stay at home for a while to raise children, or return to work when their children are young, women still must shoulder most of the responsibility for maintaining a home and caring for the children. In that regard, the workplace could provide great flexibility and support to help them in whatever road they take.
2) If more women were in positions of power do you think the world would be different than it is now? If so, in what way?
Yes, I do think the world would be different. Women are more collaborative, are better at negotiating and use compromise more. They are also more flexible and adaptable to change. I think we would see a world with less wage disparity, more tolerance and a deeper awareness of how our common goals are greater than our differences.
3) How does your blog help to Inspire, Dare or Educate women to Achieve and Succeed?
I’ve been a journalist for more than two decades, so I believe that information is power. I provide facts, and then let readers make their own choices. I’m not here to preach or harangue women about their careers because I know that they’re smart enough to take the information they are given and run with it. I hope I provide inspiration — I know that they inspire me, every day.
4) Do you think the U.S. will have a woman president in your lifetime?
Absolutely. No doubt in my mind.
Thank you very much Anita!
Please take some time and visit Anita’s blog: On the Job By Anita Bruzzese!
If you like this post please share or vote for it below:
- Interview with Vered of MomGrind
- Interview with Liz Strauss
- Inspiring, Daring, Educating, Achieving and Succeeding!
Leave a Reply
Comments protected by Lucia's Linky Love.