Today’s interview is with Vered! She blogs at MomGrind.
1) What do you think are the biggest challenges for women around the world today?
In a UN Conference in 2001 it was stated that “in the world as a whole, women comprise 51 percent of the population, do 66 percent of the work, receive 10 percent of the income and own less than one percent of the property”.
I would say that the challenge is to get to a place where we do 50% of the work, receive 50 percent of the income and own fifty percent of the property.
2) If more women were in positions of power do you think the world would be different than it is now? If so, in what way?
Not in the beginning, because after years of men being in power, women that do reach positions of power act like men. It’s the only way they can survive at the top.
But if society gradually shifted so that positions of power were held by women in equal numbers to those held by men, I think that gradually there would be a shift towards less acts of violence and using mainly diplomacy efforts to solve conflicts. I also think that human rights would get more protection and that the social benefit system would be more developed.
3) How does your blog help to Inspire, Dare or Educate women to Achieve and Succeed?
It doesn’t. I write MomGrind as an outlet for my creativity and for my need to share my thoughts and ideas with a larger audience than my real-life friends. I guess it could inspire women to speak their mind, since that’s pretty much what I do.
4) Do you think the U.S. will have a woman president in your lifetime?
Yes, I do.
Thank you very much Vered!
Please take some time and visit Vered’s blog: MomGrind!
If you like this post please share or vote for it below:
- Interview with Liz Strauss
- Interview with Anita Bruzzese
- Inspiring, Daring, Educating, Achieving and Succeeding!
3 Responses to 'Interview with Vered of MomGrind'
Leave a Reply
Comments protected by Lucia's Linky Love.