Its Osteoporosis Awareness and Prevention Month!
Remember the basics to prevent osteoporosis:
1) Do weight bearing exercise on a regular basis
2) Make sure you get enough calcium in your diet
3) Make sure you get enough vitamin D from either food or sunlight
4) Avoid smoking
5) Keep alcohol consumption at a moderate level
6) Keep up to date with developments in research for the treatment and prevention of osteoporosis
For more information see: the National Osteoporosis Foundation web site.
If you like this post please share or vote for it below:
- FDA approves an injectable form of Boniva for treatment of osteoporosis!
- Vitamin D also important for preventing osteoporosis
- Osteoporosis, testing and prevention
2 Responses to 'May is Osteoporosis Awareness and Prevention Month!'
Leave a Reply
Comments protected by Lucia's Linky Love.