May is Osteoporosis Awareness and Prevention Month!
Its Osteoporosis Awareness and Prevention Month!
Remember the basics to prevent osteoporosis:
1) Do weight bearing exercise on a regular basis
2) Make sure you get enough calcium in your diet
3) Make sure you get enough vitamin D from either food or sunlight
4) Avoid smoking
5) Keep alcohol consumption at a moderate level
6) Keep up to date with developments in research for the treatment and prevention of osteoporosis
For more information see: the National Osteoporosis Foundation web site.
(Technorati Tags: osteoporosis, calcium, vitamin D, exercise, women)
If you like this post please share or vote for it below:
Stumble: Kirtsy: delicious: reddit: Digg:
If you like my blog please subscribe to read updates in a
feed reader (what does this mean?)
or by email!
Thanks! I really appreciate all your support!
- FDA approves an injectable form of Boniva for treatment of osteoporosis!
- Vitamin D also important for preventing osteoporosis
- Osteoporosis, testing and prevention
2 Responses to 'May is Osteoporosis Awareness and Prevention Month!'
Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to 'May is Osteoporosis Awareness and Prevention Month!'.
Leave a Reply
Comments protected by Lucia's Linky Love.
on June 23rd, 2006 at 3:45 pm
Nice to see someone spreading the message. I wish their had been a little bit more information on osteoporosis when my mother was younger
on November 4th, 2006 at 9:34 pm
Nice review of osteoporosis. I would add that all women with osteoporosis should be screened for Celiac disease, a common but usually unrecognized cause of osteoporosis.
Scot M. Lewey, D.O., FACP, FAAP
the Food Doc